Saturday 28 January 2012

Lucky Thirteen

I've had lots of ideas for things to write about this time, but after spending time re-launching the Suspect Device distro Suspect Device Shop all those good ideas have disappeared. So here's some records I've bought over the past couple of weeks.

Anyway, The new Artcore is out, issue 29, and it comes with a superb comp LP. "Terminal Decay" has tracks by 1981, Endless Grinning Skulls, Night Birds, Arctic Flowers, Off With Their Heads, Pettybone, Hygiene and lots of others. Twenty tracks, thirteen of which are previously unreleased. You can order it here Artcore Fanzine.

I also bought the Anthrax 7" that is a benefit for the 1 in 12 Club. A great band and a great cause. It's a limited release, so I don't know if there are any left, but it's got to be worth an email to see if you can still get your hands on a copy - anthrax_uk@hotmail.com

My friend Casey Jones sent me a copy of the No For An Answer 7""It Makes Me Sick". Recorded by the same line-up that recorded "You Laugh" EP, and it sounds like No For An Answer should sound. Great hardcore, good lyrics and great to hear that these guys can still do it.

There's a Hard Skin singles LP out too, so I had to buy that as well. It felt like being a kid again, buying dodgy singles collections that I probably shouldn't.
I been on the hunt for the Speed Kills 7", but hopefully I can get my hands on a copy in the next week or so, once I've been paid. I have a download of their demo and it's a real ripper.

Ok, that's it for now. Go buy some records...

Suspect Device

No comments:

Post a Comment